In this episode of Remotely Ethical, we discuss advocacy efforts around the country to eliminate the bar exam and implement a "diploma privilege" that would allow graduates of accredited law schools to practice law without passing the bar.
Here are some other resources on the "diploma privilege":
- An emergency law being proposed in New York state to allow law school graduates to practice law without passing the bar, reported in Law.com
- Efforts by law graduates around the country advocating for the diploma privilege, reported in Law360
- The disparate impact of the bar exam on people of color, as discussed in Above the Law
- Whether New York should eliminate the Uniform Bar Exam, as previously discussed on our blog
- Whether the bar exam is effective at ensuring attorney competence, as discussed on the ABA website
See our previous blog posts about the bar exam here.