In this episode of Remotely Ethical, we discuss the arrest and prosecution of two attorneys who stand accused of throwing a Molotov cocktail at a police vehicle during a Black Lives Matter protest.
This episode covers:
- The recent battles over whether bail should be granted for the attorneys, which went up to the Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- An amicus brief submitted by former prosecutors arguing that the Government's position on bail was too aggressive
- Whether the Government's position was unusually aggressive, because the individuals involved were lawyers
- Whether lawyers should be held to a higher standard in criminal matters because they are "officers of the court"
- The possible disciplinary ramifications for lawyers who are charged with or convicted of serious crimes.