In our latest episode of Remotely Ethical, we discuss lawyer civility during the current COVID-19 crisis. Are lawyers expected to be more civil at this time, because of the unprecedented situation we all find ourselves in during this global epidemic?
In this episode we discuss:
- Evolving expectations regarding lawyer civility during the COVID-19 crisis
- Dealing with requests for extensions and other accommodations by opposing counsel
- Managing client expectations regarding deadlines, extensions and other courtesies
- Who gets to decide: the allocation of authority between lawyers and clients (Rule 1.2)
- The “Unicorn” order
- Is courtesy a two-way street between lawyers and judges?
Please subscribe to our blog to be notified of future episodes of the Remotely Ethical webcast.
We also recommend that you read our colleague Ron Minkoff’s article on the “Unicorn” order, entitled Of Unicorns and Men.
Watch more episodes of Remotely Ethical on our YouTube channel.
For more information about attorney ethics and professional responsibility, please subscribe to our blog.